FJP INVESTMENT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information: Although every effort is made by FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees to verify information given in their web site, brochures, and promotional material, it must be clearly understood that such information does not form part of any contract or offer. Any intending purchaser of a property or a business must satisfy themselves as to the correctness of any information either printed or verbally issued by FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees.
2. Details: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees make every effort to keep up to date the information stated in its web site, brochures and other promotional material, but it cannot guarantee that particular properties and businesses will still be available for sale when prospective purchasers enquire or travel to view. Vendors may increase or decrease the price of properties / businesses and no guarantee is given that the price shown in the FJP Investment web site or brochure will remain accurate. FJP Investment reserves the right to make changes to the information and price of content on our website at any time without notice.
3. Availability: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees does not accept any liability to interested purchasers resulting from their inability to view properties and businesses in which they may be interested due to the fact that the properties or businesses may no longer be available for sale, or due to revision of purchase prices, or due to unforeseen circumstances.
4. Services: All related services offered, such as Finance, mortgages, Insurance, Currency exchange, legal and tax advice, Removals and any other service from a third party – are merely recommended in good faith only and all agreements and contracts with such parties or for such services are entirely the responsibility of the buyer/user and service provider and not the liability or responsibility of FJP Investment.
5. Currency exchange rates: Be aware that currency fluctuations can greatly affect the price you pay in sterling for a property when you come to pay for it. We advise you to keep this in mind and seek professional help when transferring money abroad. Note also that properties are often listed in their ‘local’ currency and therefore a sterling price is often only a guide.
6. Business liability: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees operate as an introducing agent to assist interested persons in finding and purchasing properties and businesses. FJP Investment is not liable for any loss which they may incur for any reason whatsoever resulting from their interest in purchasing, attempted purchase or actual purchase of a property overseas.
7. Measurements, tenure & usage: Land, property and room sizes given in the FJP Investment its agents, associates or employee’s web site, brochure or any promotional material are subject to survey. It remains the responsibility of the purchasers to satisfy themselves as to the correctness of such information. Building plots described in the FJP Investment web site, brochure and promotional literature remains the responsibility of purchasers of plots of land to acquire/check all necessary planning consents and licences. Title and tenure is also the liability of the buyer, lawyer and selling company and FJP Investment recommend that the services of a professional are employed when purchasing property overseas.
8. Viewing & Travel: All contracts for transport by rail, sea, air or on land, for accommodation, board and lodging, for legal and estate agency services, or for any other associated services shall be deemed to be contracts between the person/s travelling and the service provider. FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees makes every endeavour to recommend only reliable and reputable providers of transport, accommodation, legal, estate agency and other services and shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from such recommendations.
9. How FJP Investment get paid for their service: In the main, FJP Investment, their agents, associates or employees are paid a percentage of the builders, agents or developers profit/fees and this is generally part of the allocated budget for marketing and sales and therefore the buyer does not pay more for a property as a result of buying via FJP Investment. Therefore, in effect, a client receives a free service from FJP Investment, including the advice, support, search and ability to source property as well looking to bring only the best properties to clients.
10. Associated companies actions: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees shall not be held liable or responsible for the actions of other persons or companies or firms with which it may be associated or have connections with. Finance & Investment advice: Any investment or financial advice given by FJP Investment, its agents or associates are a guide only and expert tax, financial planning and mortgage advice will be required to confirm information when purchasing a property.
11. Building time on new property: Whilst every effort is made by FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees to give accurate information to purchasers of “off plan” properties as to the building time of such properties it must be clearly understood that purchasers contracts are with the relevant construction company and not with FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees. Estimated building times are given by the relevant construction company and it should be clearly understood that delays or changes may occur. FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees accepts no responsibility for any such delays or changes.
12. Access and use of the FJP Investment Websites and content: All materials, logos, pictures and content on fjpinvestment.co.uk and other owned websites within our group are the sole ownership of FJP Investment and cannot be used by other parties in any way unless by consent.
13. Deposits: Deposits are non refundable unless agreed on the reservation form. It must be clearly understood that once a purchaser pays a deposit and exchanges contracts with a construction company then such deposits and subsequent payments are non-refundable unless agreed or covered within the full contract with the builder or developer. FJP Investment cannot be held liable for the return of any deposit or payments agreed with the agent or developer and this is to be the responsibility of the purchaser or customer to follow up direct with the developer or agent that issued their contract for the property.
14. Re-selling: If a property has been purchased with a view to re-selling please note that FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees do not guarantee selling properties prior to or after completion, nor do they guarantee any profits or returns, and have no control over the future volume of purchasers, their requirements or future market conditions. FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees does not require exclusivity to market re-sale properties and in fact in many cases cannot deal with such resale’s, and purchasers are free to market their properties themselves or through Estate Agencies of their choice and FJP Investment may or may not offer to assist. It is also important to understand that reselling overseas property will be subject to a fee and these charges can vary considerably – FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees accept no liability for any agreements by these companies as we only help you to market these properties through our agents and associates throughout the World.
15. Post agreement to purchase queries: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees operate only as an introducing agency to assist interested persons in finding and purchasing properties from a range of developers, agents and associates. All future customer queries regarding the property purchased are dealt with by the developer or agent who issues your contract. All legal queries should be directed to the lawyer you have appointed and not FJP Investment. its agents, associates or employees.
16. Tax Liability: Income Tax or capital gains tax due on profits or income made on property or rental is entirely the responsibility of the vendor.
17. Data Policy: When registering with FJP Investment, for the purpose of investing in property, personal details such as name, address, email and phone number will be required. This data may be passed on/shared with our associated overseas companies and developers and this is essential in assisting a customer looking to buy a property. If a client decides to make a purchase, further personal information will be required such as Proof of Identity and Proof of Address for Anti Money Laundering purposes. If a client does not wish to have their information passed to a third party, they must request this and FJP Investment will comply.
18. Contact information: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees do not accept liability from any client, who has not informed the developer or agent, from who the builders contracts are made out from, regarding new change of address or contact details.
19. Additional services: FJP Investment, its agents, associates or employees operate as an introducing agent only and do not organise National Insurance numbers, bank accounts, mortgages, power of attorney, immigration advice, etc…for clients. It is up to the client themselves to organise all of these, either with their appointed lawyer or if written confirmation has been given, by the developer or agent they have purchased with.
20. Agents and third party introducers: Where a client has been introduced to a property by an appointed sub-agent or introducer of FJP Investment, FJP Investment does not accept liability for statements or terms made by such third parties nor any mishandling of clients funds by such third parties.
21. Regulatory: FJP Investment its agents, associates or employees are not authorised or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (“FSMA”). The information contained in this web site does not amount to a financial promotion for the purposes of section 21 FSMA.